Tuesday, November 08, 2005

AJS

While little has changed since the last entry, I have a new proactive attitude (as of yesterday) and have decided to be punctual with my blog. All is well in AJS. We are back to normal activities feeling renewed and refreshed after last week's change of schedule. It was a bit hard to wake up for PE this morning, although seeing the kids again reminded me of how much I love it and how lucky I am to teach them (the credentials and spanish are lacking, but I can definitely show them how to dribble a basketball). I think everyone's jobs are coming along well. Every day I amazed at the passion and dedication my fellow community mates have for their jobs and all the Ecuadorians.

I am fortunate to be the first AJS volunteer to have a parent visit. My mom is coming tomorrow to spend a week here. I am so excited for her to be here and meet everyone and finally understand a little better what life is like here. Just like Chelsea said about the retreat groups, I think it will be a positive experience to be with someone as they experience Durán for the first time.

For those of you who know the AJS community, I am happy to report that Jesus' daughter is pregnant and due in February. She is feeling good and all seems healthy. On a sadder note, Diego's grandmother has been sick the past two weeks. She seems in good spirits but just isn't feeling well and Diego spends a lot of time taking care of her. Other neighbors seem to be doing well.

Peace and Love,
Erin

No comments: