Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Viva Ecuador

During the past couple of years, I have had the opportunity to speak about Rostro and my experience in Ecuador to parish audiences in Chicago through the Missionary Cooperative Plan (MCP). I know that most people reading this can appreciate the life changing impact that our time in Ecuador played (and continues to play) in our lives. Being back in the U.S., I sometimes struggle to maintain a deep “connectedness” with Ecuador and our friends there. Introducing Rostro’s mission and representing our wonderfully dynamic group through the MCP program has helped keep Ecuador and our mission front of mind and heart. It has forced me to further reflect on the things that made my experience there so great, and it has challenged me to continue striving to live our lifelong vocation to “be the faces of Christ”. It was difficult for me to pick one personal experience to convey during my limited minutes with these parishes. What I finally settled on was the raw, genuine, intense, both human and divine, connectedness I experienced with fellow volunteers and our brothers and sisters in Ecuador- and what I continue to experience when I truly commit myself to furthering Rostro’s mission here. Rostro has set my heart, soul, and mind on fire. I know it has done the same for so many others. We have a beautiful message to share, and I’m grateful for the open hearts that have received it and been moved to contribute both financial resources and prayers to help us continue our mission! Viva Ecuador, y viva la misión de Rostro de Cristo!

No comments: