Monday, January 09, 2006

A Mid January Hello

I'm with everyone else. It is HARD to believe it is already January. Christmas feels like years ago, but what a good time it was. January, for me, feels like a transition period. Classes are wrapping up at Mundo...well, that is the rumor. Anyone who has been here before knows that we don't find out anything for sure until the week of. But I am sad my class will be ending; I enjoyed it immensely, especially when i finally got the hang of it. :) I am also looking forward to helping out with Valdivia. Emily has done a SUPERB job with it so far, but we are hoping for even more with more energy and hands.

I am trying to think of what I would like to do during vacation. Several of us have been talking about some kind of exercise or dance program at the foundation padre damien. I would also like to think of more activities or programs in the AJS neighborhood. It is amazing all the things that we could do...but I want to do something that will enhance a program we already have.

So we are midway through our first time of two simultaneous retreat groups. It seems to be going really well. I always enjoy the retreat groups. They remind me of what it was like to be here at first with all their questions. They are great questions that I am thankful to be thinking about again.

I can't believe that it has only been 5 months and I have already learned so much and grown as a person. Just as important, I have figured out how to articulate many more questions than I ever thought were possible. I look forward to the next couple of months as life starts to feel even more natural.

Thanks for reading,
Erin

No comments: