Friday, October 21, 2005

Antonio Jose de Sucre Update !

Greetings from the Antonio Jose de Sucre Community. Again thank you for reading our updated postings and many blessings to all. My emotions in Duran have been nothing but unsteady. The challenges that I face are ones that are uniquely composed of unforeseen events. This means that there is not one day that is predictable and because they are unpredictable the struggles trigger other hidden areas of thoughts that I never knew existed. For this I am most grateful. This totals to a complete novice year.

In my primary service location I am abundantly enriched by the students and parents in the surrounding 28 de Agosto sector. As an English teacher I am constantly reminded that it is not about how or what I teach but rather the simple joy of being in the presence of utter smiles, chants and innocent laughter. This is what sets my day and allows me to see the Face of Christ through each of my children. My personal struggles lies in the communal aspect of my experience because it is very much like living in front of a mirror. I share a living space with five intelligent women whom I care for dearly. These women make me aware of how I am as an individual but most importantly gently allow me to reinforce the areas of my life that need remodeling.
I have also picked up playing the guitar and enjoy staying up late at night chatting, listening to music or reading a book.

Until you read this website again …..TALK TO YOU SOON….

In Christ, Jon

No comments: